In difficult times, it has been heart-warming to see a brilliant evolution of the pub within communities this weekend; from foodbanks, to takeaway & delivery services, as well as providing comfort to those most in need. There were so many good examples, that we have selected the best and will be sending out an email later today from the Marketing Team. We are also in advanced talks to discuss the opening of pop-up Pub Shops; supplying the local community with essential goods like milk & bread alongside meat & veg boxes. Drops us an email at email@example.com if this is something that you would like to explore.
Following the recent announcement from the Government and subsequent closure notice for pubs, our teams are here to help and are working hard to ensure that we are providing you with the best support possible.
The Government announcements last week were welcome however, have many moving parts and we are waiting for further clarification on the different areas of Government support to the industry. In the meantime, to help you further, Punch will be implementing with immediate effect:
- Suspending the collection of rent, insurance, fixtures & fittings rental, pub care & licensing charges until further notice.
- Continue to lobby the Government to ensure the UK pubs sector gets the critical support it needs, including more support for self-employed workers.
- Continue to lobby the Government for clarity on timelines for the support package outlined last week by the Chancellor.
- Mobilising our Operations Managers to support each & every publican through the closure period, supporting completion of applications for financial support, advice on employment decisions (furloughing), and when appropriate starting to plan for relaunch. Many of you have launched, or are planning to launch a take-out service. For supporting advice and information please read here.
- Credit for all full, unopened keg & cask for stock that has been purchased via Punch.
Live Government updates can be found at:
What If I need to talk to someone?
- We will be answering queries from 8am-8pm daily on the Punch Buying Club or you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can talk to business support or credit control on 01283 502222 from 8.00am-5.30pm (Monday-Friday)
- Speak to your Operations Manager
We appreciate this is a really concerning time for you personally, your team & your business and we want to assure you that our team are working day and night under these difficult circumstances to support you as best we can.
Punch Senior Team