A wide role with a variety of tasks working within Finance to support the utilities team, Credit and Operations and the Financial Services Manager.
Central Finance contact fully responsible for all aspects of customer accounts.
Responsible for billing customers for ad-hoc sales such as beer, machine sales and credits for agreed support/rent.
Responsible for all integrity reporting on customer sub ledgers against the Chart of accounts, to ensure that all transactions carried out by the credit team are executed correctly.
Ownership of the Debtors and Customer Deposits Balance sheets to understand the aging of customer debt and to ensure that cash has been applied to the correct customer and company.
Calculation of bad debt provisions to provide for Punch exposure to default on payments.
Own the Fixtures and Fittings process; from providing data to Operations of list of fixtures on site to support rent and purchase agreements, to controlling the balance sheet reconciliation and reporting on additional spending and advising of actions possible to take.
Support the Intercompany accountant to raise any intercompany billings through the main 8 companies from rent billings and any cross charges.
Support the Senior Financial Services Assistant with journals as required for AP/AR contra’s and controlling the Direct Debit invoice payment allocations
Location: Head office, Burton
- Amazing support office facilities with Free Parking
- Access to Perkbox with discounts to lots of high street retailers
- 25 days Holiday
- Buy & Sell Holiday
- And much more…
We need someone who can:
• Meet individual, departmental and business objectives in line with Service Level Agreements
• Process information accurately using Punch computer systems, in accordance with legislative requirements and company policy
Pubs, people, and possibilities are at the heart of everything we do, so the ideal candidate will:
• Provide a first-class support to our Publicans through the processing invoices and credit notes to their accounts accurately and on time
To be bold and proactive, we need a team member who can:
• Confidently liaise with Field Operations, internal support teams and suppliers (as appropriate) in order to achieve accurate completion of all team tasks and enquiries whilst positively communicating Punch business processes
• The monitoring of internal and external process compliance and escalating any non-compliance to your line manager
• Add value to the team by identifying and sharing potential opportunities to improve current processes and procedures
Accuracy is key to this role, so we need a team member who can:
• Actively build and maintain strong professional relationships throughout the business through delivering exceptional customer service to all
• Demonstrate a proactive approach to your own personal development and take ownership of working on any development areas
As part of a team, you will be required to:
• Work co-operatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and company goals
• Undertake general administrative duties as required, in support to the wider team
You will work with:
• Reports to Financial Services Manager
• Other members of the finance team
• Operations teams
Person Specification – Technical Competencies/Professional expertise:
The ideal candidate will have/be:
• Self-motivated; able to work on own initiative but also to be flexible in supporting the team
• Able to plan and organise effectively in order to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely on the telephone and in writing
• Ability to build rapport and develop key relationships
• Proactive approach to individual training, development and progression
• A good knowledge/understanding of Microsoft Excel and a competent user of Microsoft Word/Outlook is highly desirable
• GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths is highly desirable
• Microsoft Dynamics Navision experience is desirable but not essential.
Closing date: Sunday 1st May 2022