Develop and deliver a sector leading investment programme in our Managed Partnership MP) estate. Working closely with colleagues across the business and supply chain to ensure we deliver investments that both exceed our internal performance metrics and are recognised beyond Punch as exemplar in design and project delivery.
An understanding of operational, customer and financial requirements of each project is key, working at multi-levels to ensure we make the best of each growth opportunity and invest wisely. Own the end-to-end investment process for each pub from inception to being ready to trade. Play a key role in the design and development of customer facing concepts – working as part of a cross-functional team.
We need someone who can:
- Devise and deliver a successful investment programme of MP investments, meeting and exceeding agreed targets for time, cost and quality, all in line with the agreed MP investment strategy.
- Establish and lead a culture of continuous improvement across our investment programme and supply chain – focused on pub design, operational effectiveness, cost engineering & project delivery.
Pubs, people and possibilities are at the heart of everything we do, so the ideal candidate will:
- Scan the wider market of hospitality design and delivery, bringing the best of this into Punch as we seek to be best in sector on pub investment.
- Create sector leading designs for concepts that meet the concept targets and are so good that others will want to copy.
- Seek customer (internal and external) feedback on investments, using this to inform our investment decisions.
- Explore how we can reinforce the position of pubs in the community through both our investment design and delivery, using investment to reinforce our company values and hashtags.
In order to be bold and proactive, we need a team member who can:
- Explore new ways of designing and delivering pub investments. Review the industry landscape and critique what others have tried, constantly considering how this could benefit Punch.
- Seek opportunities to being innovation to our MP investments, trial and test new ideas and products, evaluate the benefits to Punch and where agreed, deploy these as ‘business as usual’.
Accuracy is key to this role, so we need a team member who can:
- Develop a focused, engaged supply chain to deliver these sector leading investments. Buidling on existing success whilst challenging the norms to enable growth and progress.
- Be recognised as the subject matter expert on pub investment and design within Punch
- Provide guidance and support to Punch Property Manager’s delivering schemes in L&T pub and those aspiring to become Investment Managers in the future.
- Lead the implementation of low carbon and environmentally sustainable principles across MP pubs through our investment activities. Considering equipment, materials, construction methods and on-going operations in minimising the environmental impact of our investments.
As part of a team, you will be required to:
- Be recognised as a committed team player, integrated into the MP Operations team thinking whilst bringing positive challenge & support on all thing’s investment related.
- Work closely with Property colleagues to help the wider property team understand and best support the work in MP; identifying and resolving any conflicts or hand offs to ensure seamless support to our MPs and MP Ops teams.
- Create a high-performance culture with key suppliers, which delivers continuous improvements in service, innovation and value-added relationships.
- Sourcing and development of supplier arrangements to support our MP capex programme, working with Commercial team – providing cost, quality and availability of supply benefits to Punch.
You will work with the:
- Property Director
- Managing Director
- Operations Director MP
- Senior OM MP
- Head of Property
- Marketing Team
- Property Managers
- Contractors and Designers
- Support Centre functions
Person Specification – Technical Competencies/Professional expertise
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of the licensed retail sector (operations or estate or multi-site FMCG property experience).
- Capital investment experience covering a range and size of projects.
- Detailed knowledge of hospitality design – ability to interpret, influence and suggest design changes.
- Financial awareness and the ability to understand pub P&Ls, investment ROI and cost plans.
- Ability to travel widely across UK as required by programme of investments. • IT literate – intermediate Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and advanced Excel.
- Key behavioural traits required are Planning & Organising, Negotiation and Assertiveness skill.
Location Field Based (South)
Bonus Performance Based
Car Company or Cash Allowance
Benefits Pension, Private Heath Care, Retail & Leisure Discount Scheme, Pay Day Drinks, Subsidised onsite café/bar.
The closing date for applications is Monday 15th August 2021