We love pubs and our Management Partners (MP’s) are at the heart of delivering epic consumer experiences. Operations Managers are at the forefront of developing awesome pubs for the community, inspiring our MP’s to unlock our shared vision. Operations Managers think big, innovative and commercially inspire our MP’s to generate sustainable sales and profitability, as well as converting those sales to profit through excellent pub controls and disciplines through motivating our MP’s to exceed their targets to drive performance and sales.
- Develop a clear vision to deliver area budget which focuses on Key Performance Indicators such as organic sales growth, succession planning, improved cost control and operating profit
- Fantastic financial acumen ability to cost control and drive an exciting sales led culture across all pubs
- Ensure there are clear MP calibre development plans supported by a performance management culture
- Take responsibility for actions, projects and people, initiates action and generates activity.
- Delegate work effectively and monitor progress against delegated activities.
- Maintain high professional and show commitment to the Punch brand.
- Utilise planning skills to identify actions and objectives and clearly articulate them.
- Show enthusiasm and maintain energy and commitment in the face of setbacks and pressure.
- Attract, recruit, develop and retain the best MP’s for Punch
- Proactively build strong relationships with a wide network across the industry within your geographical area to maximise opportunities to grow your business
- Reduce Operator failures by staying close to the reality of business and reacting quickly and proactively with business support to the appropriate Operators.
- Deliver Operational excellence across all Pubs maintaining high across the Operational basics
- Develop and implement processes to engage with our publicans to provide support, education and challenge where we are needed.
- Identify areas for improvement and development not afraid to think differently whilst not being afraid challenge procedures and processes for the benefit of Punch and our Pubs
- Driving the area to achieve long term profitability whilst ensuring all targets and KPIs are achieved
- Drive accountability through clear supportive direction and with a focus to achieve more
- Successfully deliver change programmes through positive reinforcement, support and challenge
- Enforce retail disciplines and ensure their implementation
- Results driven with a winning in style mindset
- Prioritise and effectively manage workload and a variety of KPI’s
- Rationale, organised an analytical thinker
- Lead and develop Publican skills within your region as a key focus for growth
- Focus on professional and personal learning and development to enhance existing skill and knowledge base
- Translate the company strategy into action and achievement
- Provide MP’s with a clear sense of direction and take time to explain how they can contribute to the business goals
- Take a leadership role, organise resources and steer others towards successful objective accomplishment
- Communicate clearly and influence and persuade others to achieve a win-win for all parties
- Working together, as one team to develop a clear and structured Operational plan that mobilises our entire business
- Commit to meet and exceed guest expectations by providing great service and standards.
MP’s (Pub Tenants)
Senior Operations Manager
Regional Property Director
Catering Development Manager
Publican Recruitment Advisor
Person Specification – Technical Competencies/Professional expertise:
Excellent interpersonal skills – with the ability to build strong relationships
The ability to lead others through high challenge and support
Delivers high standards of performance and delivery
Develops and communicates a clear vision to succeed
Resourceful and resilient
Excellent team player
Five years’ experience in a customer facing multi-site management role.
Sound Commercial and Business Acumen Experience
Computer literate – intermediate in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Power Point and advanced Excel
Numerically competent with experience of Profit & Loss, cash flows and business accounts
Full GB Driving Licence
Role Operations Manager (Management Partnerships)
Location Field Based (M3 Corridor)
Bonus Performance Based
Car Company or Cash Allowance
Benefits Pension, Private Heath Care, Retail & Leisure Discount Scheme, Pay Day Drinks, Subsidised onsite café/bar.
The closing date for this role is Friday 2nd July 2021.