We are looking for an enthusiastic, warm, and friendly apprentice to support in creating an awesome hospitality experience for all visitors and employees face-to-face, via email and telephone. You will deliver an epic warm welcome to all who visit Punch, whilst leaving a lasting impression and a real hospitality WOW factor.
We need someone who can:
- Welcome and host all visitors and internal staff, ensuring the signing in procedures are adhered too.
- Manage the switchboard effectively, ensuring all calls are handled promptly and transferred correctly.
- Ensure that the reception area is always kept tidy and maintained well to present a professional image. (You will need to do generic housekeeping.)
- Receive and sign for parcels, notifying the recipients via phone and email.
- Ensure a quick turnaround and professional service when actioning pump clip requests, including ownership of stock levels which are to be appropriately maintained.
- Effectively transfer incoming calls from Publicans and members of the public to the correct teams.
- Ensure reception is always covered to ensure a warm welcome to all External visitors, Publicans, and employees.
- Support with the distribution of all post and deliveries within Jubilee House.
- Support with Franking and despatching post from Jubilee House.
- Provide an outstanding level of customer service at all times.
- Welcome and host Publicans who come to receive training in The Academy, providing key information and support.
- Communicate with key stake holders when visitors arrive.
Pubs, people and possibilities are at the heart of everything we do, so the ideal candidate will:
- Be a true people person with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Love working as part of a team.
- Have an appetite for learning and refining the processes we currently have in place.
In order to be bold and proactive, we need a team member who can:
- Provide an epic hospitality experience to all who visit us at Head Office.
- Take pride in the appearance of reception and the customer service delivered.
- Attention to detail is key to this role, so we need a team member who is a good timekeeper and organised, with a welcoming nature and solid Microsoft and IT Knowledge.
As part of a team, you will be required to:
- Effectively manage time around preparation of food.
- Have a flexible approach when communicating with people at all levels.
- Communicate with the wider Facilities Team to support with events.
You will work on Reception liaising with staff across the business, visitors, and Publicans. You will also work closely with the wider Facilities Team.
Person Specification – Technical Competencies/Professional expertise
The ideal candidate will have:
- The passion to deliver an epic service, experience in a hospitality environment is highly desirable.
- An excellent telephone manner, injecting their warm personality into all interactions.
- The ability to build relationships and appropriately communicate to people of all levels.
- Competent IT skills in Microsoft Packages (including Outlook, Excel,and Word).
- Able to work in a team by demonstrating flexibility – a real team player.
- Grade 4 or above in Maths & English or equivalent (essential).
The closing date for applications is Friday 30th July 2021.