Are you looking for a development opportunity within Punch? Do you have an interest in all things PR and Communications? Are you a fast and accurate worker with a keen eye for detail and a proven track record of multi-tasking?
This post could be for you! We need someone who can support our lovely PR and Communications Team two days a week.
Overview of the Role:
You will be working within the PR and Communications Team to support project work from a PR/Communications perspective. You will need to be level-headed, naturally questioning, pragmatic, and empathetic.
We need someone who can:
- Research and gather all relevant information on each case within projects and regularly monitor the reputational impact. You will also liaise with various departments within Punch to get the information you need.
- Manage and maintain a press register , a spreadsheet documenting reputational risk factors and positive PR opportunities. You will need to update this regularly and answer any enquiries from Punch teams about it.
- Support the monitoring of media coverage for each project case. (You will receive relevant training for this.)
- Work closely with the team to ensure effective communication between key stakeholders within the business.
- Support your PR and Communications colleagues with ad hoc projects that enhance the reputation of the business. One example of this was Ask for Clive, an inclusive LGBTQ+ campaign ensuring “Everyone is Welcome”. We need someone who truly believes in our mantra: Doing well by doing good.
- Support colleagues within the team with their roles as and when required. In this role, we can guarantee that no two days will be the same. You will develop a wealth of transferable skills that will enhance your CV.
Pubs, people, and possibilities are at the heart of everything we do, so the ideal candidate will:
- Be a people person with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Love working as part of a team.
- Have an appetite for learning and refining the processes we currently have in place.
To be bold and proactive, we need someone who can work as part of a supportive team to:
- Explain with the right level of detail why individual issues may pose a risk for our pub/s or Punch.
You will be required to do the following as part of a team:
- Effectively manage your time and realise tight deadlines.
- Have a flexible approach when communicating with people at all levels.
- Support with the creation of campaigns and pub and staff communications .
- Head of PR and Communications and the Communications Team
- All Operations Teams
- Broader Marketing Team
- Legal and Estates
Person Specification – Technical Competencies/Professional expertise
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent attention to detail.The tenacity to ask the number of questions needed to get a comprehensive answer.
- The ability to build relationships and communicate appropriately with people at all levels.
- Strong communication skills both in writing and verbally.
- IT skills in Microsoft Packages (including Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- Grade 4 or above in Maths and English or equivalent (essential).
- The ability to effectively work to tight deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- A good work ethic and be prepared to support the team, when needed, during outside hours. We will endeavour to be flexible in return.
Contact Caroline Southwell, Corporate and Brand Communications Manager, on 07718 092019 or email Caroline.Southwell@punchpubs.com to apply.
Closing date: Sunday 24th October 2021