We’re on the lookout for an enthusiastic PR and Communications specialist. You will be an experienced individual with an understanding of brand enhancement.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, creative, positive, and personable individual who is adept at managing an evolving workload. If you’re looking for a role in which no two days are the same, then this is the post for you!
We’re looking for someone who has an appetite for learning, a can-do attitude, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Your work will include writing, proofreading, and editing communications for internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
You’ll also be responsible for Punch’s press office, reacting to queries, researching pubs with potential PR risks, and proactively celebrating good news stories.
- Communicate success stories on internal and external channels. Activity will include arranging photography, VIP invites and targeting regional and trade press outlets. You will share media stories on social media and Punch websites sharing our successes.
- Research and gather all relevant information on each case/pub, and regularly monitor reputational impact. Manage and maintain the PR Risk Register for the programme.
- Support colleagues, monitoring the media activity associated with each case/pub.
- Research pubs and liaise with Publicans. You will collate the information needed to write enticing investment press releases. (These will be for regional and industry media outlets.)
- Manage the press office in its entirety as a 24/7 function. This work will involve coordinating rotas to ensure ample cover during a crisis and out of hours alerts. Whilst you will be responsible for managing the press office autonomously, please be assured that we take the work-life balance seriously. The team will provide additional support during busy times. We have a culture of sharing work and supporting one another when needed.
- Press Office tasks will include responding to press enquiries, researching stories, gathering background information from relevant teams, and drafting statements on behalf of Punch employees. You will identify potential PR risks and monitor press coverage.
- Seek out positive pub stories to share with the local press. For example, Family Pub Handed Down to Third Generation. You will bring the personality of Punch Pubs to life in the media.
- Promote positive Punch corporate activity to trade press. For example, Punch sets Publicans up to score at this summer’s Euros.
- Support the team in creating ad hoc communications. These could be time-critical messages, reactive communications, or messages about crisis management, distribution, or stock issues.
- Write internal communications for different departments across the business. You will liaise with stakeholders at all levels to glean the information you need.
- Work with the team to craft a social media communications plan for the corporate channels. These include LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Write social posts for the social channels, seeking approval from the Brand and Communications Assistant Manager.
- Support your colleagues in other teams with their writing.
- Write guides for best practices in the PR world.
- Lead on Punch engagement with all Industry campaigns. For example, the Long Live the Local campaign. You’ll create engaging content and support the PR and Comms Managers to deliver on strategic campaigns.
- Support the PR and Comms Managers to create web content to advertise pubs when needed.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Clear communication verbally both on the phone and face-to-face.
- Effective powers of persuasion and negotiation skills to be able to debate topics and put your point across.
- An adaptable communication style, enabling you to communicate clearly with people from all walks of life.
- The ability to think on your feet and act quickly.
- To work autonomously and as part of the team.
- Diplomacy and tact when editing other people’s communications.
- Empathy and pragmatism when drafting responses to complaints.
- You will be creative. We are looking for different ways in which to communicate with our target audiences. So, you will have your finger on the pulse, be inquisitive and be able to come up with quirky ideas for our social media communications.
- We need an empath, someone who cares about people.
- Whilst being empathetic, you will research enquiries with due diligence. You will be pragmatic and able to pitch strong messages in the right way for the target audience.
- You must be able to manage your workload and ask for help when you have too much on.
- You will excel both when working alone and as part of a team.
- You will be inquisitive, with a passion for researching information.
- We need someone who is a doer, rolling their sleeves up and get stuck in.
Accuracy is key to this role, so we need a team member who can:
- Actively build and maintain strong professional relationships throughout the business through delivering exceptional customer service to all
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to your own personal development and take ownership of working on any development areas
You will need to have experience in using the following:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Microsoft Teams
- A Content Management System such as WordPress
- Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
Closing date: Wednesday 3rd November 2021