To deliver a successful maintenance & repairs programme, meeting and exceeding agreed targets for time, cost and quality, contributing to the identification of investment and unlicensed opportunities to exploit potential from the pub estate. The Property Surveyor will be responsible for protecting and enhancing the Company’s property assets through proactive management of all repairs and maintenance and through engagement with the Publican, Management Partnership, and the operations team.
• Salary – Competetive
• Bonus – Performance Related
• Car – Company Car or Cash Allowance
• Private Health Care
• 25 Days Holiday (Plus option to buy and sell)
• Company sick pay
• Retail & Leisure discount scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
Plus lots more….
We need someone who can:
• Deliver a program of planned maintenance through service charge to tenants to include Kitchen Extract Cleaning, Chimney Flue cleaning, Pest Control, Portable Appliance testing, Fire Suppression, and extinguishers
• Investigate, resolve and complete all assigned property-related repairs to meet business expectations and priorities with minimum impact on business operations.
• Develop a repairs and maintenance plan for Punch and Publican obligations – actively forecast the significant spend requirement and timings.
• Manage revenue and capital maintenance budgets and report monthly on performance against budget
• Assist pubs and the operations team with escalated emergency / urgent issues
• Assist with ensuring all buildings and equipment conform to current and proposed Health and Safety and Fire legislation
• Deliver and project manage a pub capital investment plan to ensure our pubs inspire guests to return time after time.
• Promote minimum statutory requirements across all agreement types; ensuring that Punch fulfills its own statutory obligations and ensure sites are let in an appropriate condition • Ensure all repairs are carried out to the highest level of health & safety
• Inspecting properties to verify specifications and quotes in advance of works and on completion to ensure successful outcomes
• Ensure that we meet the Pub Code commitments with respect to property, specifically regarding repairs and compliance.
• Carry out periodic condition surveys and prepare dilapidation surveys as required.
Support and manage planned maintenance including Gas Safety Certification, Electrical testing, Emergency Lighting & Fire Alarm testing and the resultant remedial works
• Deliver an annual program of external decoration and associated repairs
• Organise and manage pub maintenance projects
• Actively consider and challenge investment plans to ensure they are the right approach for the property.
• Identify and explore opportunities to develop existing ways of working which will provide transformational growth
• Liaise and negotiate with Fire Officers, Environmental Health Officers, Planning and • Conservation officers in respect of works requiring regulatory approval
• Excellent communication with stakeholders and colleagues
• Continually identify further potential opportunities for growth and better asset utilisation with the wider team
• Establish trust and confidence with Publicans and Management Partners through professional and timely communication
• Assist the property department with energy, legionella and asbestos management.
• Assisting with the management and maintenance of relationships with key suppliers and contractors
• Improve property asset protection through the education of Publicans and their obligations and control over schedules of dilapidations and utilisation of dilapidations bonds
• Provide property expertise and advice to the Operations team through regular reviews covering, risk assessment, insurance support, repairs, and maintenance plans
• Point of contact regarding maintenance queries with internal stakeholders
• Providing clear and detailed instructions to contractors and consultants to permit solutions to maintenance issues
• Work closely with the Business Support, property-aligned team members
You will work with:
• Property Managers
• Head of Property
• Operations Managers
• Operations Director
• Investment Manager
• Legal & Estate Team
• Business Support Team
Person Specification – Technical Competencies/Professional expertise
The ideal candidate will be/have:
• Experience in a multi-retail site property role as building surveyor or project manager
• Up-to-date knowledge of statutory compliance legislation
• Experience of budgetary & financial cost control
• IT Literate
• Independent responsibility for planning and delivery
• HNC/HND in either Building Surveying or Building Construction, or professional qualification such as RICS or IOB
• Working knowledge of landlord/tenant legislation • Full Driving License
Closing date: Friday 24th March 2023