** INTERNAL APPLICATIONS ONLY **
The Senior Operations Manager (SOM) will be responsible for the leadership and development of a team of Operations Managers in the South, within our Management Partnerships team.
This is a pivotal leadership role, focussed on delivering through a team who are at the forefront of developing epic pubs for the community, at the same time inspiring our Management Partners to unlock our shared vision. You will engage and drive the Operations Managers to think big, be innovative and commercially inspire our pub teams to generate sustainable sales and profitability.
The SOM (South) will work closely with the Operations Director, and SOM (North) to continue to build a culture of excellence and innovation across a diverse portfolio of pub businesses.
- Support the Operations Director in building and delivering the MP strategic plan through best in class recruitment, proposition, investment and business segmentation
- Build a sales hungry culture within the OM and wider MP team through inspiring, challenging and supporting OMs to achieve the best possible proposition within each business
- Develop a clear vision and strategy to deliver regional budget through the OM team, which focuses on key performance indicators including but not limited to sales growth, succession planning, ROI, improved cost control all ultimately delivering operating profit.
- Demonstrate strong financial acumen through strategic decision making in relation to recruitment, investment and proposition.
- Manage the regional investment programme working in conjunction with the Property team to deliver aspirational investments for our MPs whilst achieving targeted return on investment for Punch.
- Drive accountability of the OM team, through clear objectives, regular feedback and direction, coupled with a culture of continuous improvement through completion of Grow Your Talent conversations.
- Communicate regularly with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring clarity and timeliness to deliver divisional plan.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and maintain energy and commitment in the face of adversity and pressure.
- Inspire and motivate the OM team to attract, recruit, and retain the best Managed Partners for Punch and our pubs.
- Work with the OM team to define, improve and grow profitable sales in each business
Proactively build strong relationships with a wide network across the industry within your geographical area to maximise opportunities to grow our business.
- Prevent operator failures by understanding regional performance and reacting quickly and proactively with business support to the appropriate operators, at the same time confronting poor performance early, not accepting mediocrity.
- Deliver operational excellence across all pubs ensuring the team deliver exceptional standards across the operational basics.
- Identify areas for innovation and development – not being afraid to think differently, challenging procedures and processes for the benefit of Punch and our pubs.
Successfully deliver change programmes through positive reinforcement, support and challenge
- Create time for the MP ops team to review and evolve systems and process to drive continuous improvement in performance, resulting in sustainable profit growth.
- Deliver results without compromising company values and leadership behaviours.
- Prioritise and effectively manage workload for yourself and the OM team.
- Lead and develop OM skills within your region as a key lever for growth
- Maintain high professional standards and show commitment to the brand.
- Seek regular feedback from internal and external stakeholders to enhance leadership effectiveness.
- Focus on professional and personal learning and development to enhance existing skill and knowledge base.
- Support the Operations Director in driving key business priorities, demonstrating leadership behaviours to influence wider Managed Partnership team.
- Working together with the MP Exec team, develop and communicate a clear and structured operational plan that mobilises the entire MP business.
- Aligned with the SOM (North), translate divisional strategy into action with clear accountability for the MP OMs and support team.
- Commit to meet and exceed guest expectations by providing great service and standards through your OMs and their pub teams.
- Operations Managers
- Operations Director
- Senior Operations Manager (North)
- Management Partnerships Controller
- Regional Property Manager & Property Managers
- Marketing Team
- Learning & Development Team
- Head of HR
Person Specification – Technical Competencies/Professional expertise
- An ability to lead a team of OMs through high levels of challenge and support
- Excellent interpersonal skills – with the ability to build strong team relationships
- Develops and communicates a clear vision to succeed#
- Creative Thinker with Problem-Solving experience
- Sound commercial and business acumen with experience of delivering results across a diverse portfolio of businesses
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Leadership experience within the Pub/Hospitality Industry
- Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems for the best consumer experience
- Proven ability to review and analyse numerical/financial data
- Resourceful, resilient and flexible
- Excellent project management/planning skills
Location: Field Based (South)
** INTERNAL APPLICATIONS ONLY **
Closing Date: Friday 5th August 2020