We’re on the lookout for an enthusiastic Senior PR and Communications specialist. You will be an experienced individual with an understanding of brand enhancement.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, creative, positive, and personable individual who is adept at managing an evolving workload. If you’re looking for a role in which no two days are the same, then this is the post for you!
We’re looking for someone who has an appetite for learning, a can-do attitude, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Your work will include writing, proofreading, and editing communications for internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
You’ll also be responsible for Punch’s press office, reacting to queries, researching pubs with potential PR risks, and proactively celebrating good news stories.
Location: Burton-On-Trent Head Office with opportunity to work from home 1-2 days per week
• Access to Perkbox with discounts to lots of high street retailers
• 25 days Holiday
• Annual Bonus Scheme
• Buy & Sell Holiday
• And much more…
A sneak peek as to what you will get up to:
• Communicate success stories on internal and external channels. Activity will include arranging photography, VIP invites and targeting regional and trade press outlets. You will share media stories on social media and Punch websites sharing our successes.
• Research and gather all relevant information on each case/pub, and regularly monitor reputational impact. Manage and maintain the PR Risk Register for the programme.
• Support colleagues, monitoring the media activity associated with each case/pub.
• Research pubs and liaise with Publicans. You will collate the information needed to write enticing investment press releases. (These will be for regional and industry media outlets.)
• Manage the press office in its entirety as a 24/7 function. This work will involve coordinating rotas to ensure ample cover during a crisis and out of hours alerts. Whilst you will be responsible for managing the press office autonomously, please be assured that we take the work-life balance seriously. The team will provide additional support during busy times. We have a culture of sharing work and supporting one another when needed.
• Press Office tasks will include responding to press enquiries, researching stories, gathering background information from relevant teams, and drafting statements on behalf of Punch employees. You will identify potential PR risks and monitor press coverage.
Closing date: Friday 27th January 2023