Could you run this Pub?
The Bathurst Arms, sits within a beautiful location within the Bathurst Estate in the charming village of North Cerney, nr Cirencester and its sits just along the River Chum, not far from the local golf club and an Amphitheatre. It’s a characterful two storey grade II listed pub/hotel, built in stone set in a generous 0.75 acre plot.
It offers some fabulous features including a popular, pretty streamside beer garden (for customers to enjoy the spring sunshine and summer evenings ahead) and ample car parking. This is already a well-known destination for premium pub food with established customers, and with 6 premium guest bedrooms popular with tourists and business travellers who come to visit its great place to be running a pub business.
The Bathurst Arms offers some great trading space with separate bar and restaurant areas (for up to 99 covers), a catering kitchen and a beautiful streamside, grass beer garden to the front of the pub
There are also 6 quality letting rooms for your guests. (One king size double – with en-suite bath and shower room. Four standard double – all with en-suite bath and/or shower rooms. One twin room – with en-suite bath and shower room). Plus, parking space for 24 cars and WIFI.
We are investing in this site to enhance it to its very best and will look to complete an external redecoration. We will also look at an improved layout of restaurant area and new signage. Improve the external seating area.
The bedrooms were refurbished in 2017 and bar and restaurant were extensively remodelled in 2018.
The private accommodation includes two bedrooms, a private kitchen and lounge.
About the local area
This characterful and quaint pub is located on the A4235, on the edge of the village of North Cerney, in the Bathurst Estate, which sits beside the River Churn. Set in the beautiful Cotswold countryside, it’s also a great spot for protentional customers based just 1.5 miles north of Cirencester. The surrounding areas offer a nearby population of 26,000 over 18s, all within 15 minutes drivetime.
This Pub may suit
This is ideal for a passionate and entrepreneurial food-led operator or partners, with the skills and experience to build a premium food offer, along with developing the letting room and the drinks business. Delivering great service and standards are of huge importance, as are strong marketing skills and building lasting relationships with the local community.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year agreement (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Operations Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with an Operations Manager.