Could you run this pub?
The King Alfred, in Street, is a pub with letting rooms, which is named after one of England’s well-known kings who held many links with Somerset. It’s a welcoming pub that has a reputation locally for its freshly prepared food, fine wines, cask ales and for its three guest rooms for customers to stay and explore the local area and wider Somerset. It is a really welcoming local pub but is also close by the town centre circuit, so there is potential to tap into this audience.
The main bar area is to the front elevation with the restaurant (with room for 90 covers) set towards the rear. The pub also offers a function room, beer garden and parking for 20 cars. The pub offers three letting rooms and there is also WIFI throughout.
About the local area
This community pub/restaurant sits in the heart of the centre of the town of Street, in a densely populated residential area and not far from a popular discount centre called Clarke’s Village. The town is located approximately two miles South of Glastonbury (which draws visitors to this area) and is within easy reach of from the A361.
The ideal operator would be a couple/partnership that can deliver a quality catering offer with a strong ability to build lasting relationships with the local community. You will also be great at marketing the pub across the area.
The private accommodation includes two bedrooms, a private kitchen and lounge
About the Agreement
We love working with experienced entrepreneurs and we’re happy to be flexible with our agreements and products to match your business and vision.
Our Flexible Tenancy agreement offers a piece of mind approach to running your own pub business for a total term of up to 5-years with a flexible notice period. We also offer flexible deposit options, with build ups from as little as £1,000 as well as flexible price bands and release fees which are available.
Whatever the agreement, with Punch you always get:
- A progressive pub company – winners of the Publican Awards 2022!
- Industry leading investment with a whole world of possibilities
- Industry leading training, with our Academy and Kitchen
- Industry leading e-commerce platform – Punch Buying Club
- Expert coaching and advice every step of the way
* The calculation of the initial Ingoing Costs assumes a minimum deposit, £1,000 & legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up (if any) will need to be paid over 52 weeks. This can be discussed with the recruitment team or Operations Manager
Want to find out more about this agreement? Click Here