Could you run this pub?
The Grade II listed Kings Arms has a strong reputation as a destination premium pub but is also well-supported by the local community. After a substantial investment, the Kings Arms will benefit from 4 good quality letting rooms and continue to provide a great food and drink offer. Located just outside the beautiful spa city of Bath, it’s well positioned to appeal to local village diners and visitors to the area alike. Maximising the potential of the letting rooms here is key, while also meeting local residents’ and visitors’ needs by offering high quality food at a reasonable price.
Originally established as a 17th century inn and built primarily using Bath stone, the Kings Arms is an open plan trading operation. The main bar area features a large fireplace at one end. There are dining tables throughout the pub and also a space that lends itself to be more of a formal restaurant area. The trade kitchen can provide up to 65 covers at full capacity. This Cask Marque accredited pub has had a very good reputation for food under previous operators, featuring in a number of good restaurant guides. Its letting bedrooms are all decorated to a high standard. Outside, there’s a large car park, a smoking solution and a beautiful beer garden surrounded by mature trees.
The domestic accommodation consists of one bedroom, a kitchen and a lounge. Punch will ensure that this accommodation is in good order.
About the local area
The village of Monkton Farleigh sits between the spa city of Bath and the town of Bradford-on-Avon. It’s a very pretty area of Somerset and both destinations are very popular, with year-round tourist trade. The village itself has many listed properties and basic amenities such as a village shop and another local pub on the outskirts. There are also several other village communities within a 7-mile radius. A large proportion of the properties here are high value and the area needs a premium pub to meet customer demand.
This pub may suit
We’re looking for a senior level manager/publican in a similar style of operation, ideally with experience of letting rooms. High quality food service is important here, as is attention to detail and overall standards.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Operations Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Operations Manager.