A wonderful opportunity to take over a thriving business and put your stamp on it. This pub is the hub of the local area with ties to the local parish and community groups.
A beautiful building with enormous beer garden which benefits from a premium food and drink offer in countryside surroundings. 5 boutique letting rooms which benefit from wedding party guests in the summer and run at high capacity through the winter.
The Poacher Inn, Hook is located deep in the beautiful Hampshire countryside, yet just a 5 minute drive from the M3. We are located on the main Alton Road and are a hive for ramblers and dog walkers.
- Great surroundings, great food and a great drink offer – Think craft beer and ale, a seasonal, premium menu and discerning wine list.
- A crackling fire and candles in the colder months and a street side terrace and large pub garden in the warmer ones – Ideal for festivals and large summer events.
- A destination pub with all that you would expect from a premium food offer.
- Sunday roast is what we do well and are really proud of.
- Families welcome and encouraged with a kids play area in the rear garden.
- Boutique letting rooms are clean and comfortable and the first choice when looking for accommodation in the local area.
- You have a proven track record of delivering an inspiring offer with team buy in………. And of course know your way around and be able to explain the numbers.
- You have a passion for food, drink, atmosphere……. All the good things that make us love the pub.
- You look after and develop your team……… They don’t want to work for anyone else and this shows in service delivery and knowledge of your offer.
- You recruit in your own image…… No one knows how to deliver what you want better than you do, but you can teach it.
- You’ll show entrepreneurship…….. Beer festivals? Village fete? Food & Music fair? You’ll have the passion to deliver these safe in the knowledge that you have all the support that you need.
- You will have at least 3 years’ experience at GM level or equivalent with a background in a fresh food offer.
- You will have experience in accommodation management to manage boutique letting rooms.
Above all……… You’ll service the community and locals.
Large detached building with a bar which seats c38 guests and dining lounge seating c36. Large beer garden at rear with kids play area. Front terrace and parking area. 5 letting rooms. – The RAF Odiham base is nearby and there are local shooting parties which frequent the pub.
The 2 bedroom flat above the pub is self sufficient and benefits from having a large lounge, bathroom and it’s own kitchen.
The Partnership – Fixed
Ready to run your own business, manage your own team and define your own wage structure? Love working closely with an Operations Manager to build an incredible pub legacy with uncompromising standards and stand out guest experience? Then the Punch Managed Partnership is the perfect option for you.
Alongside tonnes of day to day support and a brilliant framework to grow the business, we provide an uncapped cut of top line turnover to pay yourself and your team in exchange for your Management Company providing the management services at the pub – it’s your structure to own, subject to management company costs including, but not limited to, staff costs, minor repairs and maintenance at the pub, security/door staff and insurance. We understand how important it is for a Management Company to completely own their own team.
In our Partnerships, we love pub obsessed entrepreneurs that help us lead the industry. We love to partner with people that help us create pub legacies that stand the test of time and become the hub of their community. We get that every pub has its own distinct character, so your Operations Manager will work closely with you to understand the true identity of your business, we can then help support you amplifying this, it’s a partnership after all!
See the full benefits of our Management Partnership Agreements.
Chat to a recruitment advisor now about this pub business opportunity.