Looking to run a pub?
The Railway, Ramsbottom is a well-positioned, community pub that sits directly across from the railway station on the edge of Ramsbottom town centre, with regular passing trade. Ramsbottom is an lovely market town in the heart of the Irwell Valley, within easy reach of Bury and Manchester.
We invested in this pub in 2019 enhancing the interior and external trading space, and introduced our menus and wide selection of beers, cask ales and wines and spirits, making this a go to pub for locals and visitors from across the area and are now looking for a driven Publican who thrives when delivering a ready made offer.
This is an open plan trading operation, with two distinct bar spaces served by a central bar. The catering kitchen can provide for up to 60 covers and it will need to be used to offer a good quality traditional pub menu to attract custom. The pub provides live TV sports coverage as well as free WiFi, making it a popular local choice. An enclosed external drinking area is a unique selling point, as this is the only pub in the area with outside space. A smoking solution is also provided.
The domestic accommodation consists of three bedrooms, a kitchen and a lounge. Punch will ensure that this accommodation is in good order.
About the local area
Ramsbottom is an affluent market town that lies about 4 miles north of Bury. The area generally has good demographics and the town has a population of about 17,800. Ramsbottom enjoys a lot of heritage tourism thanks to its industrial past and Pennines location, and the town hosts numerous events throughout the year, including steam weekends, war weekends and a chocolate fest.
This pub may suit
You’ll ideally have previous experience of running a mid-market busy pub with food and be able to drive sales by offering a high level of service and standards.
About the Agreement
Our Management Partnerships are a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year agreement (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Operations Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with an Operations Manager.