Could you run this pub?
The Talbot, Blandford Forum is a grade II listed, character 2-storey, village pub/hotel in the heart of Dorset countryside. Known for offering a warm welcome offering delicious pub food, Ales, wines and more as well as place to stay with its 6 guest rooms. The pub also offers beer garden space for customers to enjoy in the warmer months.
The pub sits on the Shaftesbury to Blandford Forum Road, nearby the local school, Hambledon Hill and Wessex Ridgeway walk.
This pub current trading space offers a main bar area, with separate dining room (which offers 80 covers), a kitchen and games room with WIFI throughout. On the upper floors of the pub are the 6 letting rooms, include a self-contained family suite consisting of a double and a twin room. There is also a rear patio garden and Car parking for up to 24 cars.
We have plans to invest significantly into this pub, to enhance its interior layout to its look & feel to its very best, offering an improved open plan trading area as well as external improvements. Subject to planning approval. Full information coming soon.
The private accommodation includes one private bedroom, a kitchen and lounge.
About the local area
The pub is located in the heart of a well-established residential area, in the Dorset village of Iwerne Courtney, in the beautiful Dorset countryside. It’s sits along the A350 and is just 4 miles north of Blandford Forum and 3 miles south of Shaftesbury. Located on the main Shaftesbury to Blandford Forum road opposite Clayesmore School and very close to the ever-popular Wessex Ridgeway walk and Hambledon Hill. There are around 28,000 over 18s based within 15 minutes driving time.
This pub may suit
You will be a confident food-led operator, with the skills and experience to build and drive a premium food offer, along with developing the letting room and drinks side of the business. Delivering great service and standards are of huge importance, as are strong marketing skills and the ability to build lasting relationships within the local the community. Enthusiasm, self motivation and hard work, combined with solid business acumen are essential in order to capture the potential growth available.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year agreement (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Operations Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with an Operations Manager.