Could you run this pub?
The Derwent Arms sits in a prominent roadside location in the North Yorkshire town of Norton, North Yorkshire. This Cask Marque pub is an impressive stone building with outside areas and a large car park to the rear. The pub is well known in the area for a tasty pub food menu and has also built a strong following for the live sports that are shown on a weekly basis. The pub is well known by locals in the town and following a large investment we would also anticipate it also being a welcoming choice for visitors to the area.
Business facilities & Refurbishment
The Derwent offers some excellent facilities with three main trading areas. There is a restaurant (38 covers) to one side of the building which is accessed straight from the catering kitchen. There is also a public bar area which currently has two pool tables and darts board, and then finally there are two outside areas to the front and back of the building which can be enjoyed by customers in the autumn sunshine and warmer weather. The pub also offers Live TV Sport, WIFI, a smoking solution and parking for up to 30 cars.
We are planning to invest in The Derwent Arms and enhance it to its best, with a full redecoration of the main trading areas and external decoration, along with new fixtures and fittings.
About the local area
Norton-on-Derwent, commonly referred to as simply Norton, is a town in the Ryedale district of North Yorkshire, England. Norton borders the market town of Malton and is separated from it by the River Derwent.
The pub sits on a central road in the town, with regular passing trade.
This pub may suit
This is a great opportunity to continue to run the pub as a community hub, attracting the locals through a strong Rhythm of the Week, such as live sport, pool and darts teams & regular entertainment. However, the ideal candidate will also have the capability to deliver a really good food offer which will appeal to locals, and visitors to the area as well.
About the Agreement
Our Management Partnerships are a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year agreement (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Operations Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with an Operations Manager.